Generic Name: Tramadol
Brand Names: Ultram, Conzip, Ultram ER
Strengths: Tramadol 100mg, 200mg
Where to buy tramadol online?
Tramadol is a powerful narcotic like pain reliever used to treat pain in the body ranging from moderate to severe. It is similar to other opioid meds and it is known to be a strong narcotic analgesic. Tramadol is known to work in the body by changing the way your body feels and responds to pain.
Tramadol is the generic version of its brand counterpart Ultram. It appears as white to off-white crystalline powder that is odorless and has a melting point of 180 to 184 degrees Celsius. The drug is indicated for oral administration and can treat any sort of body pain irrespective of the pain being mild, moderate or severe.
How does Tramadol work?
The drug works by changing the way your body reacts to pain. It also comes as extended release form which is recommended for round the clock treatment of pain. This type of Tramadol is not insisted for as and when needed basis. So when there is severe pain in the body, then Tramadol ER would work better as its effect stays in the body for a longer period of time.
Tramadol administration and dosage
This medicine is to be consumed orally. It can be taken irrespective of having had food or not. It is usually taken every four to six hours as and when needed for relieving the pain. Take Tramadol exactly as directed by the physician without changing the dosage or timings. If you have nausea, then you can take the med after having food.
You can also ask your doctor if there are other ways to reduce nausea like lying down for about one or two hours with little movement of head is possible. The dosage of Tramadol will be based on your medical condition and your response to the treatment. In order to lower the risk of side effects, your doctor might advise you to take a lower dosage of the drug and then increase the dosage slowly.
You need to carefully follow your doctor’s instructions. The maximum recommended dosage for any patient would be about 400mg per day. For patients older than 75 years, the dosage is limited to 300mg per day. At any instance, you should never increase or decrease the dosage strength, take it frequently or for a longer period than what is recommended for you.
Missed dose and overdose
Take Tramadol at the same time each day so as to not miss any dose. If you have missed a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is already time for you to take the next dose, then it is better you skip the missed dose and continue taking the scheduled dose. Never take two doses at once just to make up for the missed dose. If you have overdosed Tramadol, then approach your nearest clinic immediately. You can also call any emergency helpline number or poison helpline in order to get treated for Tramadol overdose as soon as possible.
Precautions with Tramadol
- Do not take the drug if you have used alcohol, sedatives, tranquilizers or narcotics meds within a few hours.
- Do not crush, break or open an extended release Tramadol pill.
- It could be a habit forming medicine, therefore take it exactly as prescribed.
- Using this drug during pregnancy could cause life threatening withdrawal symptoms in the newborn.
- Do not consume alcohol when you take Tramadol as this combination could result in fatal side effects.
- Avoid driving or doing any heavy machinery works as the pill has the ability to impair your thinking or reactions.
- Discuss with your doctor about all your past medical records before getting Tramadol prescribed.
- This medicine is not recommended for use in children.
If you notice any signs of allergic reactions like hives, breathing difficulty, swelling of the face, lips, tongue or throat, then get emergency medical help.
Call your doctor if you experience any of the below:
- Missed menstrual periods
- Seizure or convulsions
- Low cortisol levels like nausea, vomiting, dizziness, loss of appetite or tiredness
- Impotence or sexual problems or loss of interest in sex
- Severe skin reactions
- Nervousness or anxiousness
- Headache, dizziness, drowsiness
- Constipation, diarrhea, stomach ache
- Nausea, vomiting
- Itching, flushing, sweating
Tramadol has the possibility of interacting with a lot of drugs and can cause various side effects and could even result in death. Intimate your doctor of all the drugs you take including your over the counter pills, prescription meds or any other natural or herbal supplement. Inform your doctor if you use
- Narcotics medications like opioid pain killers or prescription cough meds
- Medications that make you sleepy or slow your breathing. Examples include pain killers, sleeping pills, tranquilizers, antipsychotic meds or sedatives.
- Medicines that could affect the level of serotonin in your body like drugs that treat depression, Parkinson’s disease, serious infections, migraine headaches or pills that prevent nausea or vomiting.